First introduced as the Organization Tree in GoldMine 4, GoldMine’s Relationship Trees are one of the many under-utilized GoldMine gems we regularly find ourselves introducing to customers. With it you can link records together in an easy-to-understand folder structure to efficiently navigate from one record to another.
What can you do with it?
- Visually see how all the records are tied together. See who’s in Management, Sales, Customer Service, etc, just by glancing at the tree.
- Jump to other records within the same organization quickly and easily. No need to go back to the Search Center. Simply click on a member of the tree and viola, GoldMine switches to that contact record.
- Replicate data across all records within the tree or sub-section. You just received an e-mail letting you know the organization moved their offices? Not a problem! You can update the information across all the records with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Rollup the data to see what’s going on throughout all records in the tree or sub-section. Want to see all Pending Activities, Completed Sales, Linked Documents, etc, all at the same time for all the records in the tree? Just click the Rollup button and there you go.
- Send e-mail or schedule activities to all records in the tree or sub-section. Once you “Activate” a section, it behaves just like any other GoldMine filter/group.
GoldMine even makes it easy to start using Relationship Trees anytime you are ready. Built into GoldMine Premium Edition is the “Create Default Relationship Tree” utility. Simply click Tools | Data Management | Create Default Relationship Trees.
Start by creating a filter of all records from the same organization, affiliation, or family and join them all using this tool. Soon you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
Hope you find this of value!
Enjoy and Happy GoldMining!!